Monday, November 17, 2008

The Rats are Planning to Leave the Sinking Ship of State

I used to joke about this during long political rants to my friends and loved ones. Screeching in a high voice I would make doomsday pronouncements about the top 1% elite investor class burning American workers because they could "...float off on a golden parachute and go live in the United Arab Emirates!"

Oh yeah! You WANT to invite ME to your next dinner party!

Did I mention the screeching?

What I didn't know as a fact, something I had completely missed somehow, was th
is:
HALLIBURTON OPENS CORPORATE HEADQUARTERS IN THE UNITED ARAB EMIRATES
- Chairman, President and CEO Moves to Dubai to Focus Company’s Eastern Hemisphere Growth -
http://www.halliburton.com/default/main/halliburton/eng/news/source_files/news.jsp?newsurl=/default/main/halliburton/eng/news/source_files/press_release/2007/corpnws_031107.html

Yeah, that sounds great! Except that I think it has more to do with escaping prosecution for crimes against the people of the United States. Darth Cheney must have nice new digs in a luxury high rise located in Dubai.

Call me crazy but I think there are portions of the U.S. Constitution that attempt to prevent us from being ruled by people whose true personal interests are beyond our borders.

Tick...tick...tick...